Topics in Mathematics for Secondary and Middle School Teachers
Topics from Euclidean, non-Euclidean, and transformation geometry, and from history of mathematics are selected to give breadth to the mathematical background of secondary and middle school teachers.
Prof. Roitman's notes
- Constructions: Geometer's Sketchpad; straightedge and compass
- Euclidean geometry: the basics
- Contrasting spherical and plane geometry
- Basic transformational geometry
- Symmetries of polygons
- Friezes and their symmetries (optional)
- Platonic solids
- Euler's formula
- History and sociology of mathematics, a brief introduction
May not be counted as junior-senior credit towards a major in mathematics.
(Roitman 2016 )