Elementary descriptive statistics of a sample of measurements; probability; the binomial, and normal distributions, populations and sampling from populations; statistical inference.
Intro Stats, de Veaux, Velleman & Bock, 5th edition, Pearson.
- Exploring and Understanding Data
- Exploring Relationships between Variables
- Gathering Data
- Randomness and Probability
- From the Data at Hand to the World at Large
- Learning about the World
- Inference When Variables are Related
May not be counted as a Junior/Senior credit course.
(Bayer 2016 )